Tuesday 21 June 2011

Jordy's song of the week

I have decided to do a 'Song of the week' and im going to start with the unknown but amazing song 'Out Of Control' By Oingo Boingo.

First, let me just say that Oingo Boingo are my favourite all-time band. I stan for them, big time. They are led by the immensely talented Danny Elfman (who is also Tim Burtons favorite composer and uses him in the majority of his films. He also wrote 'The Simpsons' theme tune) and are a very underrated 80's New Wave band.


The sexy Mr Elfman ^ :)


'Out Of Control' comes from their sixth studio album 'Light and the End of the Tunnel' (one of their poorer albums in my opinion) and was released in 1990. The song takes on a much more serious tone than much of their earlier work such as Only A Lad and Nothing To Fear (But Fear Itself) and deals with teen suicide.

The story behind it is that many teenagers had written to Elfman asking him for help with their dark thoughts and this song was the reply to these pleas, with lyrics such as 'There's a black sun, casting black shadows and i know that you feel so alone. Your out of control and you want the world to love you.'

When i first heard it i felt genuinely uplifted by the end of it and it has moved itself firmly into my top 10 Oingo Boingo songs EVER ! I'm all for being cheery and depression is less fun than a weekend away with Chris Martin (who i would happily punch in the face until my hand fell off).

I get many accusations of stanning for a 'Basic Bitch' and a band who are a 'flop' ( YEAH AM LOOKIN AT YOU BUSTY !!!) But for the sheer enjoyment that comes from listening to their music i am willing to put up with such insults !




ALSO, they have a video with dancing midgets. Oingo Boingo - Little Girls :P Little Girls is NOT about being a pedophile. Its about young gold-diggers who go for rich older men.

P.S - 'I-i-i love little girls. They make me feel so GOOD !'
P.P.S - 'I-i-i love little girls. They make me feel so BAD !'




No comments:

Post a Comment